Monday, October 1, 2012

10 Reasons To Go Deer Hunting Instead of Duck Hunting

By Jason Parks – Guest Contributor


Image courtesy of Tigerdroppings.com


  1. Deer tastes a lot better than duck.
  2. You have a much better chance of not drowning while deer hunting (except for that one time with my father-n-law and in my defense I was laughing too hard stop the boat).
  3. Deer hunting is quiet and precise while duck hunting is noisy and scatter shot.
  4. When you get cold deer hunting you can walk around. What are you going to do when you get cold duck hunting in the boat or blind, go for a swim?
  5. I have seen the duck hunting shows. You folks miss. A lot.
  6. No waders needed.
  7. You don’t have to worry about dropping your gun in the water…usually (see #2).
  8. Campfires are bad news in a blind.
  9. You do not need calls, decoys, blinds, dogs and boats to hunt deer.
  10. Assuming the average deer yields 50 pounds of meat, how many ducks do you need to get the same amount of meat and how many times can you eat duck?
OK. I am just funnin' with you all. I know that A LOT of you are duck hunters. I have to admit I have never been so I asked a friend of mine to take me this year. I will be sure to let you know how it goes, if I survive, but I stand by the fact that you don't need waders to hunt deer.


This post and its contents are absolutely the views and opinions of the author only, and do not necessarily represent those of Beretta. Especially this time!

Make sure you follow Beretta on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

You can follow (or send the death threats) Jason on Twitter @thejasonparks

2 comments:

  1. Jason, Jason, Jason, when you find your big girl panties just give Adam or myself a shout and we'll show you what REAL hunting is.

    Good write up, bud. Prepare for a little blow back in my next entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to it.

      You are on for real hunting. You can come up here to deer hunt, but we will need to clear our a safety zone around your stand so that when a deer come by you can empty your shotgun at it like you do the ducks. :D

      Delete