Monday, August 20, 2012

10 Gun Wish List


By Jason Parks – Guest Contributor

10 guns I can’t afford....

…right now…

….but wish I had.

In no particular order:


I generally prefer short barreled pistols, but this one is the exception. I have always liked the look and feel of long slide 1911 pistols. I tried to buy or trade one away from a good friend of mine, but he never would let go of it. As long slides go the Nighthawk is the coolest one I have see so far. It comes in 10mm so the only thing that would make it better is if it was in .45 ACP. (Picture courtesy of http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial/Nighthawk-10mm-Long-Slide)



In a world where tactical semi-auto pistols reign supreme, I like the direction Smith & Wesson went with this pistol. Given the choice between Smith & Wesson Model 325 Thunder Ranch and a tactical semi-auto, I would have a hard time deciding on which to get. (Picture courtesy of http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial/SW-Model-325-Thunder-Ranch)



This is one awesome rifle. I would prefer an original 1895 Winchester in .405 but would not complain if it was in .30-06 or 7.62x54R. I love old, large caliber, lever action rifles like the .405, but it would be really cool to have one that shoots .30-60 like my deer rifle. Who wouldn’t want to own a piece of history like a Model 1895 Winchester(Picture courtesy of http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/winchester-model-95/)



I am a big fan of .45-70’s and of carbines. The 1873 Trapdoor Springfield is the original .45-70. The Springfield Trapdoor Carbine is the Alpha Prime Numero Uno of .45-70 carbines and I want one. (Picture courtesy of http://www.uberti.com/firearms/springfield-trapdoor.php)



Every hunter alive wants a double rifle, but few can afford them. Once again, the USSG Double Rifle comes in .45-70, but I didn’t know this one was available until I started this post. As double rifles go, this one is almost affordable. The next step up costs 5 times as much. I might be able to afford this one if I liquidate some inventory and clean the kitchen every night for the next 8 years and vacuum for the next 12 years and.... (Picture courtesy of http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/60304)



A take down, lever action .45-70. What more could I ask for? (Picture courtesy of http://wildwestguns.com/copilot.html)



Small, stainless and .45 ACP, this Kimber would probably be my first choice for a conceal carry pistol. Sorry Beretta. (Picture courtesy of http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial/Kimber-Stainless-Ultra-Raptor-II-45ACP-3200196)



I grew up watching Steve McQueen bring in the bad guys with this gun on Wanted Dead or Alive. Ever since then, I have wanted a Mare’s Leg. There are several out there now to choose from, but I like Henry's brass receiver and octagon barrel. (Picture courtesy of http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifle-mares-leg.cfm)



If I were to take up Cowboy Action Shooting full time, this pistol would be my first choice. I prefer short barreled revolvers especially when it comes to single action pistols and the ease of loading and unloading a top break pistol is obvious. (Picture courtesy of http://www.uberti.com/firearms/top-break.php)



Like I have said, I like light, short barreled guns. I also prefer semi-automatic shotguns over pump or double-barreled shotguns. I didn’t add this one to kowtow to Beretta. I have a semi-auto shotgun that I am very happy with. It is not a Beretta, and it is not a 12 gauge. But if I needed a new shotgun, the Beretta A400 Xplot Light KO would be at the top of my wish list. (Picture courtesy of http://www.berettausa.com/products/a400-xplor-light-ko-12ga-3/?F_All=Y)


Bonus:


I might be able to afford this pistol if I could ever find one. If you are not familiar with this revolver, it is a .38 caliber pistol that has the capability to shoot 25 different types of ammunition including .357 Magnum, 9mm, all types of .38’s and 7.62x25. This is one of those if I could only own one gun types of pistols. In a survival situation, this pistol is the one to have. (Picture courtesy of http://airbornecombatengineer.typepad.com/airborne_combat_engineer/2007/05/medusa_revolver.html)


So what guns are on your wish list?

This post and its contents are the views and opinions of the author only, and do not necessarily represent those of Beretta.

Make sure you follow Beretta on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
You can follow Jason on Twitter @thejasonparks

8 comments:

  1. I want The Judge. It's been on my wishlist for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I opted for the Circuit Judge and really like it.

      Delete
  2. 1. HK-91
    2. Kimber Pro-Carry II HD
    3. MP5/10A4
    4. Colt Delta Elete 10mm
    5. Stainless Ruger Vaquero 4.5" .45LC
    6. Winchester Mod 97 Wrangler (pre 94) .45LC
    7. Winchester 1897 Trench Gun 12ga
    8. Sharps 1874 in .45-110
    9. AR15A2HB
    10.Binelli M1 super 90

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have kicked myself several times for passing up several oppotunities to pick up a Delta Elite. A Mod 97 Trench Gun would be really cool too.

      Delete
  3. 1. HK-91
    2. Kimber Pro-Carry II HD
    3. MP5/10A4
    4. Colt Delta Elete 10mm
    5. Stainless Ruger Vaquero 4.5" .45LC
    6. Winchester Mod 97 Wrangler (pre 94) .45LC
    7. Winchester 1897 Trench Gun 12ga
    8. Sharps 1874 in .45-110
    9. AR15A2HB
    10.Binelli M1 super 90

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Matched pair of James Purdey 20 bore shotguns
    2. Matched pair of Holland & Holland Sidelock Royals
    3. Winchester 1 of one thousand
    4. Holland & Holland .375 H&H double rifle
    5. Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon V (English Stock) 20 Bore
    6. Colt Python .357 bright nickel finish
    7. Colt 1911 A1
    8. S&W Model 27 8"
    9. Original Henry Yellowboy
    10 Original Walther PPK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is quite a list! I am on board with #4, #6 and #9 for sure but I wouldn't turn down owning a single gun you listed.

      Delete
  5. Here check this out. It contains all the wishlist guns.

    http://www.gunnation.com

    ReplyDelete