Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Live, Eat, Breath to Duck Hunt

by Adam Brassfield – Pro Staff Contributor

When I think about watching a group of mallards falling into my decoys on a cool, cloudy day, it absolutely sends chills on places of my body that I did not even know existed! I raise my Beretta A400 Xtreme and look down the barrel with butterflies in my stomach when my finger touches the trigger. It happens, the moment that nothing else matters. There are no phones ringing, no bill collectors interfering and no worries distracting. It is me and Mr. Greenhead in a moment of complete reflection of everything I have learned and taught as a professional hunter.

As I travel across the country in 22 states every year, speaking to nearly 180,000 people in person at my seminars, I have found thousands who feel exactly the same way. My group is called H.U.N.T.E.R.S. 24/7 WATERFOWL and we are dedicated to Beretta Shotguns. I duck hunt every day along the Mississippi flyway. I hunt flooded fields and flooded timber in multiple states and find that every experience has its teaching attributes. From decoy placement, gun care, calling tactics, dog training, shell selection and travel preparation. Together we will talk and learn over the course of these entries.

I am a full-blooded redneck that is very passionate about what I do and sometimes different articles leave people as confused as a one-legged cat trying to bury a mouse in a frozen pond. That will not happen here. I will always be straight forward and brutally honest. I was raised in Northeast Arkansas and started duck hunting when I was 9 years old with a bunch of old men who had no room for error… and no teeth, for that matter. I now live in Southeast Missouri where in the last few years duck hunting has excelled.

Just the other day I was in a duck boat in a flooded field while it was raining ice and spitting snow. Most people would not stay very long in these conditions, but I was wearing my Beretta Xtrema Jacket holding out for a familiar sight. In the last 30 minutes of the hunt it was as though the Mallards were being sucked in like a vacuum cleaner. In that time period Tasha, my gorgeous lady, and I limited out. It was a source of dedication that comes from way down deep and the confidence in our set-up that made it all happen. I am proud to be a part of this blog and I promise this will be fun for you and me.

I will be sharing pictures and video on occasion, but we are always updating this style of content on my website. Remember, tough hunts do not last, but tough guns do. The Beretta A400 Xtreme is the best waterfowl shotgun in the world. You can take that to the bank.

5 comments:

  1. Great Read! Look forward to your pics and video.
    My next shotgun will be a Beretta A400 Xtreme!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome spot! I also shoot a Beretta. Look forward to more post. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog man. It was good to meet and hunt with you this season! Look forward to seeing you again, and can't wait to get me one of those berettas!


    Dustin Whitaker
    Owner of whitaker's UK Gun Dog Kennels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hunting and fishing is always fun when the ducks are flying or the fish are biting.... Its even better when u spend that time w people and dogs u enjoy being around .. good blog.. www.DeltaDuckHunters.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the artical it is a very discriptive and to the point . if you get to Ky . please get with me as id like to meet you and talk duckhunting.

    Wesley Cook

    ReplyDelete